Find the latest CAN product and
industry news right here.
- 04/18/17: The PCAN-Wireless Gateways (DR) now utilize a Micro Access Point in lieu of the Ad-Hoc networks previously used. This is because Windows and Android operating systems no longer support Ad-Hoc network connections.
- 01/19/2017: Phytools has added the complete line of Kunbus' new Revolution Pi product family. This open,
modular and inexpensive industrial PC is based on the
established Raspberry Pi Compute Module packaged in a DINrail housing suitable for tough automation applications. Besides the RevPi Core module three different digital I/O modules and 12 communication expansion modules for all common fieldbus and industrial Ethernet protocols are available.
- 11/18/2016: A new 6-channel version of PEAK's PCAN-USB Adapter has just been added to our product line. The PCAN-USB X6 Adapter will initially be available with SUB-D9 connectors with a more robust M12 CAN connector option to follow in Q1 of 2017.
- 08/26/2016: Kvaser has launched a new version of their popular Memorator data logger. The Kvaser Memorator Pro 2xHS V2 supports CAN FD with up to 8 MBit/s data transmission speed and a larger SD card with up to 64GB storage capacity.
- 08/24/2016: Phytools starts selling the Kunbus NetTEST II, a handheld diagnostics tool for PROFIBUS DP. This product was previously sold by Comsoft.
- 08/11/2016: With the acquisition of Comsoft - ICP, Kunbus GmbH (Germany) has added a number of PC insert cards for both Profibus and Profinet to its portfolio. Phytools now sells the Kunbus DF PROFI II cards for CompactPC, PCI bus as well as PCIexpress connectivity. For customers needing a PN IO controller and/or as PROFINET IO device the Kunbus DF PROFINET IO board with either PCI or CompactPCI connection are available.
- 06/09/2016: Today marks the official release of the new CAN FD-capable PCAN-Explorer 6 which also offers a playback function for trace files.
- 05/20/2016: Emtas (Germany) and Phytools have entered a distribution partnership offering their full line of CAN protocol design and development software to customers in North America. Highlight is their full J1939 protocol stack assisting J1939 application engineers with fast and straight-forward development.For users of the EtherCAT technology we offer their EtherCAT Slave Framework software, the DeviceDesigner and DeviceExplorer.
- 05/03/2016: PEAK just released their new PCAN-PCI Express FD card with single or dual CAN/CAN FD channels. Phytools will have this new product in stock and ready to sell as of May 23, 2016.
- 04/22/2016: Phytools has added the full range of Internet of Things products made by Round Solutions (Germany) to our product portfolio including the innovative modular PingPong QuickStart platform with various extension cards.
- 03/16/2016: Phytools is now accepting PayPal Express Checkout and payments.
Effective March 1, 2016, the popular PCAN-USB
Adapters will have a new lower price. The manufacturer has dropped our price on
select PC-to-CAN interface products, and Phytools is passing the savings on to
you, our valued customer. The standard PCAN-USB Adapter (IPEH-002021)
now sells for $225
down from $255. The optically isolated PCAN-USB Adapter (IPEH-002022)
now sells for $275,
down from $325. Additional price reductions are for PCAN-PCIexpress and PCAN-PCI
11/19/1015: PEAK releases the new PCAN-Router FD featuring two CAN channels in support of the new CAN FD standard in addition to the
conventional CAN 2.0 specification. The module behavior and the data
exchange between the two channels are freely programmable. Thus, for
example, a conversion of CAN to CAN FD and vice versa is possible and
new CAN FD applications can be integrated into existing CAN 2.0
- 11/04/1015: PEAK has released a new PCAN-PassThru API. The international standard SAE J2534 (Pass-Thru) defines the
communication interface between electronic control units and computer
software being used for programming and diagnostics.
programming interface PCAN-PassThru API, we publish an implementation of
this standard for Windows. Once installed, applications that are based
on Pass-Thru can be employed with PC CAN interfaces from PEAK-System.
PCAN-PassThru is supplied with each PEAK CAN adapter and can be downloaded free of charge from here.
- 08/11/2015: PEAK's new software package 2.5.1 enhances the feature set of the entire PCAN-Gateway product family with the ability to filter CAN messages by
their ID. In addition, devices with WLAN interface can be
operated in Micro Access Point mode. Therefore, no additional access
point is required for the connection of two
PCAN-Wireless Gateways (DR)
over WLAN. The new PCAN-Gateway software package is available free of charge as a download on
- 06/08/2015: PEAK-System has released version 4 of the programming interface PCAN-Basic for the company's CAN and CAN FD interfaces. With this API,
32-bit and 64-bit programs for Windows can access CAN and CAN FD buses.
Based on devices of the PCAN-Gateway series, it is also possible to
communicate with remote CAN buses via IP networks.
- 02/24/2015: At the Embedded World trade show in Germany, PEAK announced a number of exciting new products which are scheduled to be released later this year. The new PCAN-USB X6 features six CAN FD channels in a robust housing and with either SUB-D9 or M12 CAN connectors. The Stamp Module PCAN-Chip USB with a size of just 25 by 20 mm is aimed at developers who want to integrate CAN FD connectivity in custom hardware designs. This small PCBA can be soldered directly onto the application board PCB due to the single sided component placement and the half-whole edge contacts. Connection to the CPU is done via the module's USB 2.0 interface. This product will also be available as evaluation kit featuring example circuits for testing purposes. PEAK will also add CAN FD support for their PCAN-PCI insert cards and the PCAN-Router. On the software side PEAK plans to release the new PCAN-Explorer V6 as well as the updated PCAN-Developer package in Q3 of 2015. Please contact us if you are interested in receiving updates on these upcoming CAN FD products from PEAK. A two page product preview with additional details can be found here.
- 02/05/2015: PEAK recently announced their new PCAN-PCI/104-Express Quad card, a 4-channel CAN interface card for PCI/104-Express systems. This card features galvanic isolation of up to 500V separately for each of the CAN channels.
- 02/02/2015: Phytools is offering a 20% online order discount on selected SYSTEC products during the month of February. We have also just lowered our shipping rates.
- 01/09/2014: PEAK has released 2 new products end of 2014 which are now available through Phytools: The PCAN-GPS module, a programmable sensor for acquiring position and orientation data that is equipped with magnetic field sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer and satellite receiver. And the PCAN-Cable J1939, a CAN adapter cable for interfacing any PEAK CAN interface products with a standard DB-9 connector with an SAE J1939 compatible vehicle connector.
- 01/02/2014: Happy New Year to all our customers and partners!
- 11/18/2014: PEAK releases 3 new API's for communication with control units: PCAN-ISO TP, PCAN-UDS and PCAN-OBD2 are free programming interfaces for standardized protocols from the automotive sector. Find more details on our new PCAN-APIs page...
- 10/06/14: Phytools is now selling two new application specific variants of the popular Kvaser Leaf Light V2: the J1939 version and the OBD2 variant.
- 08/14/2014: Phytools - offering a helping hand and putting
smiles on children’s faces. We just made a
donation to the local girls scout camp to replace tent shelters destroyed in bad weather this week.
- 07/30/2014: New Kvaser Mini-PCIexpress Dual-CAN card now available.
- 07/15/2014: Two new Kvaser products added: Ethercan Light HS, an Ethernet to CAN interface designed to address the growing Internet of Things (IoT) integration in modern manufacturing environments and the USBcan Light 2xHS, a dual-channel USB-to-CAN interface in a sleek ergonomic housing
- 04/07/2014:GEMAC announced that the new CANtouch®,
a handheld device with intuitive touchscreen for mobile CAN diagnostics
tasks will be available in late May/early June 21014.
- 04/01/2014: PEAK-System released a roadmap of their new
FD interface products
available this summer.
Phytools has added a new product line of physical CAN bus
diagnosis tools and long-term bus monitors from
to its portfolio of high-quality CAN products. The German CAN specialist GEMAC
is a leading manufacturer of solutions for the physical analysis of field bus
systems with support for higher-layer protocols such as CANopen, DeviceNet and
J1939. The popular
is now available from stock at Phytools and the CANobserver
will follow shortly. GEMAC is also a leader in innovative sensor products
including a wide range of inclination sensors with CAN and CANopen interface.
The brand new
a handheld device with intuitive touchscreen for mobile CAN diagnostics tasks
on both the physical as well as the logical bus level, will be available at
Phytools in the near future.
Mandy Aurich, International Sales Manager at GEMAC: “This is a great
opportunity for GEMAC to gain better access to the North American market in
order to provide more suitable systems to the customers. GEMAC’s products are
based on more than 15 years of experience in developing physical CAN diagnosis
Rene Hackl, Managing Director at Phytools: “GEMAC’s CAN bus diagnostics
products represent a powerful addition to our comprehensive line of industrial
networking solutions. We are also excited to offer innovative CAN and
CANopen-connected sensor products making Phytools truly a one-stop shop for CAN
- 10/23/2013: PEAK-System just launched the new PCAN-Ethernet
which is now available at Phytools. This gateway features
one LAN connection and two high-speed CAN interfaces in extended
- 09/05/2013: Kvaser and Phytools announce distribution partnership
Kvaser's entire line of advanced CAN solutions is now available through Phytools.
With over 25 years of Controller Area Network (CAN) development
experience, Kvaser provides an extensive portfolio of high-quality and
feature-rich CAN interface and data logger solutions for a wide range of
applications. Kvaser's sophisticated and easy-to-use CAN products are used
by engineers working in industries such as automotive, trucks and buses,
industrial automation, avionics, construction equipment, building
automation, domestic appliances, marine, medical, military, railway,
telecoms, textiles and more.
Jesse Paliotto, Business Development Manager at
Kvaser, "We're very excited to begin this cooperation with Phytools.
By working together, we look forward to making a wide range of high
quality CAN interfaces easily available to the industrial networking
- 09/04/2013: PEAK-System just launched the new PCAN-Router
. This universal and freely programmable CAN converter in DIN
rail housing features two high-speed CAN channels and is suitable for use
in industrial applications. A complete development package with tool chain
and source code examples is included.